How to Have a Killer Instagram on a Budget
Sometimes my Instagram pics are carefully crafted, artfully composed of items I've purchased for the sole purpose of the perfect flat lay. While other times, I'm on a bit of a budget or pressed for time, and make the best of what I have on hand. Either way, I'm always on the lookout for ways to create an amazing shot with zero added cost.
If your Instagram is for your business, then you already have a place or products worth sharing (hopefully). If however, you're a lifestyle blogger hoping to make it big on Instagram, you may be wondering how to do so if you're on a budget.
Here are a few of my favorite ways to get amazing lifestyle shots for Instgram without spending any money at all.
1. Photograph Nature - Whether it's a beautiful #cloudscape or some #freshblooms or an autumn leaf, the beauty of nature is completely free. Some of my best Instagrams have been of flowers at the grocery store while I'm running errands with my husband, or in the park while we're on a lovely walk.
2. Share Words of Wisdom - These inspirational journals and mugs are everywhere. I see them at Barnes and Noble, Walmart, Michael's. All it takes is one quick snap with my phone, and I've got a great #wordsofwisdom and #motivationmonday post.
3. Go Window Shopping - There is no rule that says you have to buy something in order to post it. Whether it's a store window at the mall or your favorite new items at Target, a little window shopping is not only fun but is the perfect way to share some fashion or home decor shots without having to spend any money. I keep my eyes peeled for top-trending items that have high-performing hash tags, like anything pineapple-themed, or those succulents pictured above.
4. Explore Your City Streets - Parks are a great free resource for nature-focused shots. But don't discount the beauty that exists downtown. It's a great way to add a fresh, modern take to your feed. There are so many things to share, from art to architecture and sculptures to wall murals.
5. Use Your Local Library - For a beautiful decor shot at home, stock up on coffee table books from your library. For a brand new book or a stack of current magazines, simply snap a few pics the next time you're browsing at Barnes & Noble.
How do you like to Instagram when you're on a budget? Please let us know in the comments below!